Player of Bosnia and Herzegovina national team and ex-player of Lech Poznan Semir Stilic has signed 4-year contract with FC Karpaty. The attacking midfielder will wear shirt number 22.
Mr Stilic was born on October 8, 1987 in Sarajevo. He is a player of Bosnia and Herzegovina national team, attacking midfielder. Semir began his playing career with FK Zeljeznicar in 2005 and played there 4 years (2004-2008).
After that lots of well-known European clubs intended to sign the player, in particular Arsenal (London) and Dinamo (Zagreb), but the player chose Polish side Lech (Poznan). Stilic soon became the key player of the team.
In December 2008 he was declared “The foreigner of the year” by respected Polish magazine Pilka Nozna. In his first season Semir and his team won the Cup of Poland and the third place in the Polish championship. Next year Lech led by Stilic won the Supercup of Poland and in a year he becomes the champion of Poland. Semir debuted for the Bosnia and Herzegovina national team on 6 August 2009 in the match against Iran national team.
• 2005 – 2008 Zeljeznicar (Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina) – 48 matches, 17 goals
• 2008 – 2012 Lech (Poznan, Poland) – 106 matches, 18 goals, 44 assists
• 2007 – 2008 Bosnia and Herzegovina U-21 – 7 matches, 1 goal
• 2007 – Bosnia and Herzegovina Olympic – 1 match
• 2008 – Bosnia and Herzegovina national team – 7 matches
FC Karpaty Information Center, www.fckarpaty.lviv.ua
Photos by © FC Karpaty